Updated on August 1, 2022
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND WHAT ARE THEY USED FOR?
Cookies are files that are downloaded to the user's computer/smartphone/tablet (hereinafter referred to as the "User") when accessing certain websites and applications. They allow the storage and retrieval of user data.
Cookies are used to ensure the quality, usability, and proper functioning of websites, as well as to store and retrieve information about browsing habits and personalize their content. They can also be used, on occasion, to recognize a user of a website.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
Cookies can be classified into different types according to various criteria. A cookie may fall into more than one category:
Based on the entity that manages them:
- First-party cookies: These are cookies that are sent to the User's device from a server or domain managed by EXAMS, which provides the requested service to the User.
- Third-party cookies: These are cookies sent to the User's device (from a server or domain that may or may not be managed by EXAMS) by another entity that processes the data collected by the cookie for its own purposes.
First-party cookies are identified in this policy by stating that the owner is "EXAMS." The rest are owned by the third parties indicated in each case. In the section "What cookies do we use at EXAMS?" you can access their respective cookie policies by clicking on the name of the third party, including any transfers to third countries they may make, if applicable.
Based on the length of time they remain active on your device:
- Session cookies and persistent cookies: Session cookies are designed to collect and store data while the User accesses the website (hereinafter, the "Website"). The information is retained only for the duration of the session and disappears when the session ends. Persistent cookies, on the other hand, store user information for a longer period of time, which can be accessed and processed by the responsible party for each cookie during that period. This period varies for each cookie and can range from a few minutes to several years.
- Based on their purpose:
- Technical cookies (necessary): These cookies allow the Website to function correctly, making them essential for the User to use all the options of the Website and navigate and use its features normally.
- Preference or customization cookies: These cookies allow remembering information so that you can access the Website with features that differentiate your experience from other users, such as the appearance or content of the Website, which may vary depending on the type of browser you use.
- Analysis or measurement cookies: These are cookies that quantify the number of users and their connection time in order to measure and statistically analyze the use they make of the offered services.
- Advertising cookies: These are cookies that allow for the most efficient management of advertising spaces that may be included on the Website.
- Behavioral advertising cookies:These are cookies that enable the efficient management of advertising spaces that may be included on the Website by storing information about your behavior, obtained through continuous observation of your browsing habits. This allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on that profile.
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE AT EXAMS?
Below you will find the cookies used on the Website:
ARE INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS MADE USING COOKIES?
Acceptance of some of these cookies may involve the international transfer of data to third countries necessary for the operation of the services provided by our providers. The legal basis for such transfers is your consent, expressed by consenting to the use of the cookies in question in each case. In any case, international data transfers will be made to countries with an adequate level of protection declared by the European Commission and/or based on the provision of adequate guarantees such as standard contractual clauses (Articles 45 and 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation).
HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES?
You can allow, block, or delete the cookies installed on your computer at any time through the customization options offered by the browser you are using. Keep in mind that if you disable all cookies, some functionalities or content of the Website may be affected, and therefore the quality of your experience could decrease, although it will not prevent you from accessing the content.
These settings are located in the "options" or "preferences" menu of your browser. Below, you can find the links for each browser to disable cookies following the instructions:
Internet Explorer (https://goo.gl/iU2wh2)
- In the Tools menu, select "Internet Options."
- Click on the "Privacy" tab.
- You can configure the "Privacy" with a six-position cursor that allows you to control the amount of cookies that will be installed: Block all cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low, and Accept all cookies.
Mozilla Firefox (http://goo.gl/QXWYmv)
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu.
- Select Options.
- Select the "Privacy" panel.
- In the Firefox option, you can choose to Use custom settings for history to configure the options.
Google Chrome (http://goo.gl/fQnkSB)
- Click on the menu located on the toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Show advanced settings.
- In the "Privacy" section, click on the Content settings button.
- In the Cookies selection, the options can be configured.
Safari (https://goo.gl/PcjEm3; https://goo.gl/dQywEo)
- In the settings menu, select the "Preferences" option.
- Open the "Privacy" tab.
- Select the desired option from the "block cookies" section.
Remember that certain functions and the full functionality of the website may not be available after disabling cookies.
To allow users of the website to prevent Google Analytics from using their data, Google has developed a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
COOKIES ON MOBILE DEVICES
Cookies and other storage devices are also used when you access the Website from mobile devices.
Just like in computer browsers, mobile device browsers allow you to make changes to privacy options or settings to disable or delete cookies.
If you want to modify privacy options, follow the instructions specified by the developer of your mobile device browser.
Below, you can find some examples of links that will guide you to modify privacy options on your mobile device:
- iOS: (http://goo.gl/61xevS)
- Windows Phone: (https://goo.gl/tKyb0y)
- Chrome Mobile: (http://goo.gl/XJp7N)
- Opera Mobile: (http://goo.gl/Nzr8s7)
ACCEPTANCE, CONFIGURATION, OR REJECTION OF COOKIES, AND MORE INFORMATION
Our cookie settings panel allows you to manage the installation of cookies, as well as reject their use or withdraw any consent already given, at any time and as many times as you wish.
Please note that if you block or do not accept the installation of cookies, it is possible that you may not be able to access certain services on the Website or they may not be available.